This new devotional by Tony and Jonathan Evans, KINGDOM FAMILY DEVOTIONAL, turns what often seems like a daunting task into a simple, consistent, and fun routine!
It simplifies family devotions.
We’re all busy these days, kids included! Carving out a consistent time to come together as a family over God’s word sounds simple, but very often isn’t.
The KINGDOM FAMILY DEVOTIONAL helps tackle that problem with family devotions that are short, clearly Biblical, and do-able.
There was a lot for me to like about this little book but here are the five things that were at the top of my list:
- First, it picks a one-word topic and stays there for five days.
- Good thinking! For five days the family can come together learning the serious stuff but weekends are for family fun!
- I liked the way it came up with ways for the entire family to participate. Not always an easy task!
- I liked that it is for all 52 weeks of the year. That builds consistency, and for me—that’s the real challenge.
- I liked that it began with the topics of LOVE and then RESPECT. To my mind, they go hand in hand and are desperately wanting in many of today’s contemporary families.
So, summing up:
- This book is clearly Biblical in it’s teaching.
- It is a devotional that brings the focus of our family time around a single word for an entire work-week using the Bible as a life reference.
- It encourages our family with fun ways to participate together and apply what we’ve learned.
- And, it gives parents a simple to follow Biblical road map for their families for an entire year.
Easy, consistent, focused and fun—what could be better!
My sincere thanks to Focus on the Family Resources and Tyndale House Publishers for sending me this complimentary copy and asking me for my review.