All heaven shall praise your miracles, O Lord; myriads of angels will praise you for your faithfulness. For who in all of heaven can be compared with God?… Psalm 89:5-6 TLB
When the gale winds blow and the storms come, that is when you need to know God’s faithfulness has your back!
If you go looking for the definition of faithfulness Google will provide you with a big and little definition.
The little one goes like this, FAITHFULNESS is “the quality of being faithful; fidelity.“
The big answer is a sweet buffet of highly desirable descriptors:
- fidelity, loyalty, constancy
- truthfulness, veracity, authenticity
- commitment, dependability, reliability
And, that is just to mention a very few.
In Psalm 89 Ethan the Ezrahite dedicated an entire psalm to God’s faithfulness.
I share just a few lines from his 52 verses.
- I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. (vs. 1)
- Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them. (vs. 9)
- O Lord God of hosts, who is a strong Lord like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee? (vs. 8)
- Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. (vs. 13)
- Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. (vs. 33, 34)
No matter what kind of storm we might experience, for the Believer?
God’s faithfulness surrounds him.
In his devotional book, Great Is Thy Faithfulness, V. Raymond Edman relates the following,
The trustworthiness of the Truthful One is nowhere more demonstrated than in a storm, be it a literal tempest on the raging sea or a figurative wrath of one’s implacable foes. “How could you sing in the storm when at any moment we all might have been swept into eternity?” asked Wesley of the Moravians bound for Georgia on the same small sailing craft. “Because God is greater than the storm,” replied the unperturbed and humble missionaries.
In the same devotion He later adds,
Look not to wind or wave, dread not darkness nor danger, faint not nor be afraid because He is strong, and He is faithful to protect His own. After the storm will come starlight and the sense of His presence to the hushed and humble heart.great is thy faithfulness
Our Unchanging God
God makes it crystal clear to us that we can always count on Him and stand securely on His Word.
Doesn’t it bring amazing peace to your heart, just to know for a certainty, that our God is faithfulness itself–and He states irrevocably in His Eternal Word that He is, and always has been, unchanging?