Yes, He does! You are the joyful one “chosen” to take the light of His Gospel out into this broken world.
Do you know how rare joy is? It’s one of the most endangered things on this planet!
(And, it’s getting harder and harder to find.)
Yet, we have The Source residing in our hearts.
And I believe, “Where joy goes, HOPE follows!”
Begin with a simple prayer
It doesn’t have to be complicated.
Just ask God to give you one idea; one simple thing, that might make a difference.
It might be as simple as a smile, and a cheerful, “Good morning!”
(Do you know how rare that is getting to be?)
It is our commission to let this world SEE our “Gospel-walking” as we move out into the world each day.
And he said to them, “As you go into all the world, preach openly the wonderful news of the gospel to the entire human race!Mark 16: 15 TPT
For this week’s Cup of Hope…
We all decided to go down to the local bakery.
(Emilie mentioned last week her four walls were closing in on her…)
So, we all opted for chocolate croissants, fresh from the oven, for this week’s tea party!
HOPE risks… HOPE steps out!
I am just about to take that first exquisite bite…
When Emilie, (who is still laughing because of the way we whisked her away for this “joy-surprise,”) shares another gem with us:
I do believe that a person becomes more hopeful not by simply wishing or wanting, but by actually DOING something… If you had asked me… whether I would ever write a book… I would have thought you were crazy. But it’s happened! So much has happened I would never have believed… When your life has changed as much as mine has… you start to believe that anything is possible.
God has chosen YOU and ME!
I don’t want my Gospel (the one Jesus has entrusted to me) to get stuck inside a room, do you?
(Oh, no! Not in these dark days!)
I want to take The Light of the World where people can see Him–because this broken and wounded planet desperately needs HOPE!
So, no matter what is going on in our circumstances…
Let’s let others meet the HOPE that lives in our hearts first…
Start with a SMILE…
Then, we can tell them about the Truth that has set us free!
God’s promises are: LIGHT, and HOPE, and JOY!
- Truth’s shining light guides me in my choices and decisions; the revelation of your word makes my pathway clear. Psalm 119: 105 TPT
- Your lives light up the world. Let others see your light from a distance, for how can you hide a city that stands on a hilltop? And who would light a lamp and then hide it in an obscure place? Instead, it’s placed where everyone in the house can benefit from its light. Matthew 5: 14-15 TPT
- He is the Bridegroom, and the bride belongs to him. I am the friend of the Bridegroom who stands nearby and listens with great joy to the Bridegroom’s voice. And because of his words my joy is complete and overflows! John 3: 29TPT
- Then I won’t be able to hold it in— everyone will hear my joyous praises all day long! Your righteousness will be the theme of my glory-song of praise! Psalm 35:28 TPT
Our fourth cup of HOPE
Jesus said YOU are the light of the world.
Want people to encounter the Gospel-walking?
Yeah, me too!
This week, let’s shine His light in simple ways as we step out our front doors.
Let’s smile, and give a bright greeting to everyone we meet.
(And if God is asks you to take a leap, instead of just a step–DO IT!)
May we all spread Your Light and Your Joy to everyone we meet this week!
In Jesus Name, shine through us! amen.
* Emilie’s “gems” are shared with the permission of Harvest House Publishers. They are: Taken from: A CUP OF HOPE by Emilie Barnes, Copyright © 2000, Published by Harvest House Publishers
Photos courtesy of: Unsplash
This weeks photo credits and “My Thanks!” go to photographers: Allef Vinicius, Zachi Denicola, Rawpixel, Andy Falconer, Nikita Kachanovsky, and Alisa Anton.