Last week we discussed the choices we make and how our heart’s choices are ours alone.
The up, or down side to this fact, is that though my choices may be mine, with each decision I make there will be consequences that kick in.
This, too, is an unavoidable fact of life.
And like those seeds we spoke about, our lives will be filled with the outcomes of our decisions.
Large or small–the choices we sow each day make up the ground we travel upon.
Did you know?
The Bible has a great deal to say about paths.
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105
- Thou wilt shew me the path of life… Psalms 16:11
- …he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalms 23:3
- Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Psalms 27:11
- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6
- I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths. Proverbs 4:11
These seven verses are just a few of them.
Sometimes we view our “little” choices as trivial.
We might reason with ourselves that, though we know something is wrong, it isn’t all that big a wrong. In fact we might actually think, that we have a right to feel the way we do–or choose the path we’re on.
(I’ve been there–done that.)
But, those so called “little” things, those little foxes, can fool us into following them into some really big messes.
This I know from my own experience.
Detouring from God’s way of doing things, even a little bit, can land us on paths and in places we don’t want to go!
If you’re there now?
I hope and pray you run straight into the arms of Jesus–no delay–no detours.
Just going to Jesus is the first step to getting everything right.
No one I know, can get your feet back on the right path faster than He can!
The Nazarene’s way
All that My Father gives to Me comes to Me. I will receive everyone; I will not send away anyone who comes to Me. John 6:37 The Voice
If you have gotten off the right path?
Come to Jesus. He will never send away anyone who comes to Him.
Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will reap a crop of my love; plow the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower salvation upon you. Hosea 10:12 TLB